Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors Elections pursuant to House Bill 305, Section 2051.152.
- President: Walter Berry, Term until May 2026
- Vice President: Bob Wohlford, Term until May 2026
- Secretary: Adrian Bustillos, Term until May 2026
- Treasurer: Shelley Janda, Term until May 2024
- Asst. Secretary: Cassandra Brown, Term until May 2024
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination. The election shall be conducted at the polling places established by Williamson County to serve the county’s regular election precincts within the District, as required by Sections 42.0621 and 43.004 of the Texas Election Code. Similar to its most recent prior election, the District anticipates that Williamson County will authorize voters to vote at the voting locations established by Williamson County.
First Day to file for General Election Ballot January 19, 2022
Last Day to file for General Election Ballot February 18, 2022
Election Day May 7, 2022
In order to be qualified to serve as a director of any special purpose district, Section 54.102 of the Texas Water Code requires that a person be:
- A resident of the state of Texas.
- A land owner subject to taxation within the District or be a qualified voter in the District, and
- Be at least 18 years of age.
For Interested Candidates
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. Applications for a place on the ballot may be obtained from the District’s Agent for the Election, McGinnis Lochridge, whose offices are located at 1111 West 6th Street, Building B, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78703, or downloaded here, from the Secretary of State’s website. To review the General Requirements for Application in its entirety, please see (Texas Election Code 141.031)